You have 30 days. Get it done.
When Christine Taylor Butler gave me the “Get it published in the next 30 days.” ultimatum, I was pleased and scared at the same time. I knew, with two weeks left until school was out, that I’d need two weeks and 30 days. I will also need an intellectual property attorney, a graphic artist (a picture being worth at least 1000 words), and an accountant.
If you know anyone in those fields, please share my contact info with them.
I went to a Fiction Writers’ Retreat over the weekend. I was ecstatic over the review I got from Bill Bernhardt.
I need beta readers. For those of you who are readers and not writers, a beta reader is someone who reads and gives blunt honest opinions, edits, and/or commentary on soon-hopefully-to be-published work.
I wish I could go back in time and ask Louis L’Amour if he had beta readers.
My words for the week are:
- aphorism: a pithy observation or comment that is generally true. Sometimes called idioms
- Apples don’t fall far from the tree. . . .
- Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.
2. atavistic: like when you’re scared of spiders for no reason. An unreasonable (we’re talking about your fears not mine) fear of something for ancient or ancestral causes. No, I don’t happen to like spiders, but I’m not afraid of them. I also don’t like lavender. Most people who are afraid of spiders love the scent of lavender. I’ve heard that it’s because lavender is a good spider repellant. Who knew?
3. imperious: arrogant and/or domineering, assuming power or authority without justification
4. impecunious: broke, poor, having little or no money (remember folks, this is not a crime, but it sure feels like the world has committed a crime against you)
5. ignoble: not noble, not honorable in either character or intent or purpose. Having humble beginnings or social status. ignoble aboriginals or savages
Blessings to you and yours
2 thoughts on “Let’s get this published.”
Can’t wait to see what you’re working on. Maybe we can talk about exchanging reading each others material.
That sounds wonderful to me!